Monday 26 June 2017

Disappointing Beauty Products #1

I don't normally regret purchasing anything but there is the odd occasion where I do buy something and it's not quite as good as it looked either advertised, in store or online. I don't mind so much if it was a store bought product that was more on the inexpensive side, but when it is something more high end and online, then it kind of annoys me! It can be quite difficult to return something you have bought online, by the time you have sent it back and paid for postage to do so, sometimes it's just worth keeping the product!

Firstly, and I hate to say this, but I regret getting the KKW x Kylie lip liquid. I am a sucker for pretty packaging, and when I saw this it was love at first sight!


When I saw this collection, I was really excited. The lippies looked so pretty, and the packaging was just too cute to resist! When it finally arrived, I couldn't wait to test them out!
The first thing I noticed was how sheer they were. You need to apply at least two coats to have coverage on your lips.

I was also disappointed in the longevity of the products. They really don't last that long at all, and I find myself reapplying right after I have had something to eat or drink. I think for the price you pay for them, I would expect a little bit more from the product.

The final thing I was disappointed with is the colours. They don't seem to have much variation between them, and they are more peach toned than I thought. I thought they were a bit more nude than what they are.

Overall, I will use this product but only because they are on the expensive side and I don't want them to just sit and not be used. But it's safe to say I was quite disappointed with these lippies, especially after all the hype they generated!

Do you have a product that you were disappointed with? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments: