Saturday 24 June 2017

Winter Beauty Tips



In today's post, I want to talk about how I change my beauty routine a little for the cooler months. Being that it is now winter here in Australia, the balance of my skin has definitely changed. It's a lot dryer than it usually is, and also my hair is suffering the effects of these cooler months! So read on if you would like to know my winter beauty tips!



  • For my moisturiser, I have been using an oil. I use the Physicians Formula Argan oil which is so good. It can also be used as a primer and skin brightener. I use this both in the morning and at night and my skin looks and feels great.
  • Another tip I have only just found out myself is don't have scalding hot showers or baths! I am really bad at this, I almost have the water as high as it can go! When the water is too hot, it will begin to jeopardise the skin's lupid layer that holds in moisture. To prevent this from happening, reduce the heat of the water or take shorter showers. Also don't forget to moisturise after your shower worn a rich creamy product.
  • It's not just your skin that suffers during the cooler months, your hair can also suffer! Heaters can take to moisture out of your hair, causing it to frizz or look dull and lifeless. Using a conditioning mask once a week can really improve your hairs quality, and also a good heat protector before blow drying or straightening really makes a difference!
  • Drink plenty of water! This is pretty simple, water helps to replenish the moisture in your skin. And best of all, water costs next to nothing and has no calories so you can drink to your hearts content!
  • My last little tip is for your lips. My lips have been very dry during these cooler months so I have been avoiding any matte lip products. I have been using a lipgloss or moisturising lipstick instead. I also have a few lip balms that I carry around in my hand bag. It also pays to pop some on at night in these to help retain moisture in your lips.
I hope these tip were helpful, and if you have any tips you would like to share leave a comment, I would love to know!




No comments:

Post a Comment