Monday 11 December 2017

Blogmas 2017 - Day 11 - My Favourite Festive Films



Hello and welcome to day 11 of Blogmas 2017! How has your December been so far? I hope you are all having a relatively stress free festive season so far! Today I will be sharing my favourite festive films with you all, and some of these movies are actually my part of my all time favourite movies! So keep on reading to find out my festive favourites!

Elf (2003)

There is something about a grown man behaving like a child that I find hysterical! My eight year old son and I love this movie and find ourselves giggling throughout the whole movie. I love how this movie is set in New York, I think it's so pretty at this time of year. Also the fact that this movie has a little bit of sweet, romantic and also adds some festive cheer makes this a must watch in my house during the festive season.




Home Alone (1990)

This is a family favourite in my house! No matter how many time we have watched it, we still love it just as much as the first time we watched it. I love the fact that a young boy like Kevin can outsmart two professional thieves! Then there's the very heartwarming ending that makes it a perfect Christmas film.


The Polar Express (2004)

How adorable I this film! I love it because Tom Hanks plays a major part of this movie, and also the animation is amazing! It really brings the magic of Christmas to life and a family favourite of ours.

Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)

This movie is definitely a favourite of mine, even when it's not Christmas! It's such a lovely, cheery movie with a festive theme, and if you're one of the few that haven't seen it yet, definitely do!


The Santa Clause (1994)

This really brings the magic of Christmas to life, by turning an ordinary man, played by Tim Allen, into Santa Claus! It's seems very unbelievable to all of his friends and family that he is in fact Santa Claus, but of course in the end, everything works out! A great movie to sit down with the kids and watch.


National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 

I have saved my favourite movie until last. I absolutely love this movie, and always watch it on Christmas Night, after winding down from the big day. There is something about Chevy Chase and his ridiculous antics in this movie that make me laugh time and time again! An absolute classic movie that is a must watch at Christmas time.


Let me know which movies you enjoy watching at this time of year
Stay tuned for day 12 tomorrow xx




Follow

2 comments:

  1. I was just about to start writing up my favourite festive films, got a list together and then read this post and now I'm needing to add more films! haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great films to choose form, very hard to narrow it down xx

    ReplyDelete