Sunday 7 May 2017

Charcoal Face Mask Review

I am a huge fan of inexpensive beauty items, as long as they work well. Sometimes the less expensive brands can be a bit hit or miss, but mostly pretty good. Ok, let's get to the point of this post!
I love Kmart, so much so I can go in there 5-6 times a week! When I heard about this amazing charcoal face mask, I was intrigued. There was a lot of hype surrounding this product, which was super hard to get. Pretty much as soon as it came in, it was sold out!
But finally I bought one to try, and I was suitably impressed!

How It Works

So basically it's a two step system. Step one is the gel cleanser, which you basically apply to wet skin to get rid of any makeup residue, while leaving the skin feeling smooth and gently refining pores.
Step Two is the mask. This is applied in a thin layer to your skin, and then left on for 15 minutes, or until it has completely dried. 
When you feel it has been on long enough, gently peel of the mask, starting from the bottom. If there is any left on, you can wash it off with some warm water.

Ignore my cheesy smile haha

My Results

The first time I used this I was very impressed. The hardest part is definitely removing the mask, as I found this to be a little painful, but I was very happy with the results. My skin was so smooth, and my pores had visibly reduced. My skin was very clear, and looked a lot brighter. 
Unfortunately I wasn't clever enough to take a picture afterwards, so there is no 'after' picture.

So to conclude this post, I have to say for the price, which is three dollars, I think it is a great product of you are on a budget. But keep in mind, if you do have sensitive skin, it may not be for you. Only because it can be quite painful to take off, causing redness on your skin.
As I said earlier, this is available at Kmart (Australia), in the beauty section.

Let me Know if you have tried it, and what your thoughts are.


No comments:

Post a Comment