Monday 29 May 2017

Simple Makeup Tips

Over the years, I have pretty much taught myself how to apply makeup and figure out what works for me and what doesn't. This is due to the large amounts of tutorials that are available and also a little bit of trial and error. So today I wanted to share with you a few of my tips that I have picked up over the years.


Before Makeup Application

  • Basically, you want to start with clean skin. Using a gentle cleanser or even a toner to wipe away any impurities from your skin. I use Garnier Micellar water which is amazing!

Foundation

  • For my foundation, I always make sure I have moisturised and primed my skin before I apply my foundation. I also wait until the moisturiser has sunk into my skin and the orimer has set before I apply my foundation.

Mascara

  • I can be very fussy when it comes to mascara, but when I find one that I like I tend to stick with that one. I just apply my mascara using the wand horizontal to my eye, which works great but for an added bit of volume I will use the tip of the wand to add more product to my lashes. This makes my lashes look fuller, without having to apply false lashes.
  • Placing a card or Tissue under your bottom lashes when applying mascara help to prevent you from messing up your makeup.

Eyeshadow.

  • Eyeshadow has taken me a while to get the hang of, and I am still always learning something new. I used to be a strictly one colour eyeshadow person, which now seems so boring! The main thing is to start small then keep adding colour. It's easier to build up than it is to take off! Also blending with good brushes makes a huge difference. 
  • An eyeshadow primer is also a good idea when applying eyeshadow. Using concealer and setting it with powder is a great alternative for a primer. By applying a base to your eyes, this will help your eyeshadow stand out and easier to blend.

Lips

  • I am a big fan of Liquid lipstick, preferring the more creme finish rather than a matte as matte tends to dry out my lips. If you do want to give your lips the illusion of being a bit more on the fuller side, apply a lighter shade to the middle of your lips then the darker shade to the outer sides. 
  • Also adding a lip liner just outside your lip line can also give the appearance of fuller lips.

Finishing spray

  • Using a finishing spray is a great way to keep your makeup long lasting and avoids your face looking cakey. There are many brands on the market that have a finishing spray, I currently use one by Models Prefer and I love it. 

Here are another few quick tips also

  • Using a clean brush or beauty blender really helps in giving that flawless finish
  • To intensify your eyeshadow colour, apply a bit of setting spray to your brush before picking up the shadow
  • Setting your foundation with a powder will help to prevent you skin looking oily 


And Finally........

The one tip that I think is probably the most important is getting a good nights rest. This is a great way for your skin to rejuvenate and give you that fresh glow. Oh, and don't forget to remove your makeup at the end of the day too, otherwise your skin will suffer!!

Hope this was helpful to some of you, let me know if you have any tips, I am always learning something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment